Equally harmful as air or water pollution. But no tools to measure or strong laws to curb it.
- Construction and Public Works
- Vehicle Honks
- Air Traffic/Railway
- Indoor Sources(television, music system etc.)
- Permanent Hearing Damage
- High Blood Pressure
- Cardiac Arrest
- Disturbed Sleep
Highest Noise Level Recorded in Indian cities (2013)
22 CroresVehicle Population in India
10Average honks per user
220 CroresHonks in a day in India
Government prescribed noise level range:
55 decibels (Day) and 45 decibels (Night) Beyond 85 decibels, noise can cause severe damage.
Yhonk is a very simple solution to control the noise pollution caused by honking. Yhonk is a system working between you and your local government body, to help you reduce your daily honking.
Here is how it works:
- You can get the Yhonk sensor, smaller the size of a matchbox, installed in your vehicle by any auto mechanic.
- Once installed, you can download the Yhonk app on your phone and complete authentication of your vehicle by entering your mobile number, vehicle number and your Yhonk device number.
- Every 6 months, you can get your Yhonk device renewed by *renewal process* to keep the system running smoothly.
- The local government body will set a general limit for all the users in the city. You can honk up to this limit till 12 midnight. After 12 am, the device will reset to your allowed daily limit, ready to be used.
- Once you have used up your daily honk allowance, you will have to press harder to honk. After a limit of these emergency honks, you horn will stop working. In order to get it started, you will have to pay a pre-decided penalty to the local government body.
About Our Device
- A complete system to control honking
- An embedded device which fits in the vehicle
- A mobile application to manage the device
- Patented technology, filed for WIPO based on written opinion by PCT under Novelty of Idea and Industrial Applicability of system.
- Hack proof, Tamper proof and Corruption proof.
- The embedded device can be fitted to the horn circuit of any vehicle which has a battery.
- Half the size of a matchbox and Easy to install.
- It can be installed by ANY auto mechanic.
- The device does not have visibility.
- System designed for both smart phones and cell phones.
- The device has time and date stamp.
- Log memory can be stored for upto a year.
YHonk Video Gallery
- System allows usage of horns on per day basis
- There are set number of honks (to be decided by government authorities) available for free for the driver/user.
- After the free honks are used up, it still allows the horns to blow on long press.
- This indicates the user for having used up daily allowance.
- The device then goes into disable mode and the horn is disabled.
- Recharge the horn anytime by making payment to the government.
- Payments can be made online or at petrol pumps for non-internet users.
- Every midnight the system will reset to zero automatically.
- It is upto the driver/user when to use the honks.
- Government can keep reducing the free allowance periodically.
- Renewal should be done once at least every 6 months.
- Within renewal period the device has to connect to the mobile application for the renewal.
- If not renewed, honking will be disabled.
- System has a provision, if the government desires, to link the renewals with air P.U.C, thus keeping a check on both noise and air pollution.
A Measure of Noise compared to safe limit i.e. 55dB
CEO & Founder
Chartered Accountant (CA) & Co-founder
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)-Hardware
Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO)
Environment and Sustainability Expert (ESE)
Chief Social Media
Principal Volunteer - Operations
Let’s join hands to bring down
F/16 Shardul apartments, Opp Parekhs hospital, 132" Ring road, Nr Shyamal cross roads, Satellite, Ahmedabad 380015